Save for the Future
Click on Savings to find out more about how we can help you manage your savings.
Check out our Loans area to see how much you could borrow, and use the Calculator below to see how much it will cost.
Get your kids off to a good start. Help them get the savings habit with our First Savers Account.
Save direct from your salary, and you won`t even notice it`s gone! Look under Savings for more information.
If you`re on Universal Credit, then we can help to make sure your rent is always paid. See our Rent First Account in the Banking section.
How important is it to you to keep your rent up to date and keep a roof over your head?
We can now offer an account which helps you to make sure your rent is always paid first.
If you are the tenant of a Registered Social Landlord and receive Housing Costs as part of your Universal Credit, then we can help.
** Please note, when you are applying for Universal Credit, if you want to use our Rent First Account, you will need to quote our bank details in Section 4 as follows:
Unity Trust Bank plc, Solway CU, Sort Code 60-83-01 Account Number 20213521
Click here to see what the "Your payment details" section should look like and contain.
By having your benefits paid in to the credit union, we can then send a payment direct to your landlord to cover your rent before making the rest available to you on a pre-paid card.
The card also has loads of features to help you budget and further manage your money. It works in a similar way to a high street bank account. Anyone can apply and no credit checks required.
Our Rent First Account is ideal for you if:
Taking Control of Your Finances
• You can only spend what you have loaded into your e-account and card
• Get easy access to your money at ATMs or via cash-back at supermarkets
• Pay your bills or transfer money to different accounts using the internet
• Set up standing orders and regular payments for Gas, Electricity, TV, Mobile Phone etc.
• Receive up to the minute balance and account info by SMS, email or online
• UK based customer service support available 6 days a week
• Low fees & no hidden costs (for full details ask one of our Administrators)
So with our new Rent First Account, managing your finances couldn’t be easier!
The Rent First Account is operated as a partnership between Solway Credit Union and a company called Contis Group Limited who are the card providers. Contis is a leading international personal current account and business provider. The card they offer is called engage classic, and once your funds are loaded on to the card it is their experienced Customer Service team who will be on hand to help you.
engage classic Benefits:
• Free mobile app: check your balance, transfer money, view the latest rewards and daily deals
• Visa debit card to use wherever you see the Visa logo (ATMs, in-store or online)
• 24 hour access to online current account
• Money management tool
• UK based customer services
• No unexpected charges (small monthly admin charge – ask for details of all charges)
• Pay bills, shop online and obtain bank account details
• Safer than carrying cash –secure PIN
• Cash can be paid in using PayPoint or at our office and in the future at the Post Office
• Use it at home or worldwide-cost efficiently
• Lost and stolen 24 hour phone line. The card can also be blocked or unblocked using the online app
• No credit, debt checks / financial history information required
And that’s not all...engage classic gives you cash rewards and special discounts too!
You can also use your engage classic Visa card when shopping at a range of high street retailers where you can earn between a 4% and 15% cashback reward, which is paid back into your e-card account.
For a Rent First Application Form, please click here
engage e-account and Visa debit card is issued by Contis Financial Services Ltd who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue e-money (Firm Reference Number:900025) and is a member of Visa.
Please note that engage is an electronic money product and although it is a product regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. We ensure that any funds received by you are held in a segregated account so that in the unlikely event that Contis Financial Services Ltd becomes insolvent your funds will be protected against claims made by creditors.
Solway Credit Union | 23, George St | Dumfries | DG1 1EA
CURRENT OPENING HOURS Tuesday 9-5 | Thursday 9-1 | Friday 9-1
T | 01387 267200
Copyright Solway Credit Union. 2014. Site design by Alba Printers Ltd. Dumfries. www.albaprinters.co.uk
Authorised by the Prudential regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Ref No: 213901